Gen5 MCIO to U.2 Breaker Module
Part Number: QTL2804 / QTL2805
Gen5 PCIe requires a rethink of test equipment configuration. The Gen5 MCIO to U.2 breaker module allows you to test a U.2 drive direct from an MCIO based Host card: SerialCables stock suitable Host Cards
Perform full hot-swap and fault injection with the latest GEN5 PCIe SFF/U.2 drives.
The Gen5 MCIO to U.2 breaker module has full control over power, data (dual port) and present pins, allowing simulation of any possible hot-swap scenario. Individual control of each signal, pin bounce and high-speed glitching combine to increase the number of test cases you can perform greatly. ‘Driving’ is available on some sideband pins. This allows a range of additional tests to drive signals high/low rather than just disconnecting them. The ‘+Triggering’ version has an additional MCX trigger IN/OUT to sync with external test equipment.
Power for the drive must be provided from an external 12v source. Power and control can be provided by either a USB or from a separate QTL1260 interface kit.
- Automate full hot-swap of a GEN5 PCIe SFF drive, direct from an MCIO enabled host card
- Simulate failures, intermittent faults and more
- Improve test coverage while decreasing duration
- Ideal for bench testing, debugging, and evaluation
- Scales from 1 to 100+ drive modules in a test system.
- Supports PCIe SFF drives up to 32GT/s
- Individual control over power, present, sideband and PCIe data signals
- Driving and monitoring of selected sidebands
- 1us timing resolution on all switches
- 100ns pin-bounce resolution on all switches
- 50ns PRBS or user-sequenced glitch pulses on all lines
- Used standalone with USB control OR via a Torridon controller
- Requires 12v supply for drive, via Quarch PPM or external PSU (not supplied)
This is the basic module.
This version includes external triggering IN/OUT via SMA cables to allow connection to an external analyser or similar.
Evaluate this productEvaluate now