Gen5 SFF Drive Power Injection Fixture
Part Number: QTL2793 / QTL2794
Allows a Power Module to inject power into a U.2/U.3 or SAS/SATA storage device. SSDs and HDDs up to Gen5 speeds are supported
This simple interposer sits behind a drive and allows it to be slit into an enclosure as normal (though with a slight offset of the drive).
The ultra-thin flex cable routes out of the enclosure and can be connected to one of our range of Programmable Power Modules. You can now perform power margining and measurement of the drive while using it within its normal operating environment.
When used with an HD power module, the module will detect the jumper selection and automatically set its output voltages to the correct range for the chosen drive type. Older XLC modules must set the output mode manually.
- Connects a Power Module to a drive that is within its storage enclosure
- Works with almost any standard drive
- Supports dual rail 12V/5V and 12V/3V3 drives (PCIe and SAS/SATA)
- Supports SAS drives up to 24Gb/s
- Supports PCIe U.2/U.3 drives up to dual port GEN5
- Offsets drive by ~14mm
- 40cm flex cable to route out of the enclosure
- Compatible with XLC and HD Power Modules
- Supports auto voltage range selection on HD modules
This is the basic version of the product and includes power injection sync. This ensures the injected power turns on at exactly with the host power rails when the host is powered up.
This version excludes includes power injection sync. This means you can turn on power to the drive before the host is on. There are use cases for this, but it increases the risk that the drive is incorrectly powered and does not enumerate, so this option is for advanced users.
Evaluate this productEvaluate now