Manufacturing Technician (Trainee)
Quarch Technology is a world leader in test automation tools for the data storage industry.
We are growing rapidly and now require an ambitious and motivated trainee
Manufacturing Technician to join our production team.
This role is hands on and involves the final assembly, testing and shipping of our products.
Full training will be provided for all elements of the role.
The day-to-day tasks will include:
- Assembling products using various tools, including arbor press, pillar drill and
- standard hand tools (training provided)
- Running automated tests on finished products
- Maintaining and improving production documentation
- Packing completed orders
- Soldering (training to J-Std will be provided)
This job is intended as a full-time, permanent position, though there may be flexibility
around this, especially at the start of the role. This would potentially suit someone
starting in the industry i.e. college leaver, or someone with previous experience in either
manufacturing/production environment or electronics.
you must have
- Attention to detail and consideration of the quality of your work
- Ability to use basic computer software including Microsoft Office
- Be flexible and able to adapt to changing situations
- Ability to learn new skills
- Be able to follow processes and instructions
- Knowledge of standard hand-tools
- Strong communication skills
- An interest in electronics/technology
- Permission to work in the UK
It would be an advantage, but not essential, if you have:
- Previous soldering experience
- Previous experience of working within the electronics or manufacturing industries
- Good basic salary: £17k-£20k (dependent on experience)
- Performance Bonus Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum, plus floating Bank Holidays (these can be taken any time)
- 3% Company pension contributions
- Private healthcare scheme
- Excellent development prospects as the company grows
Please apply, with an up to date CV and covering letter, to:
Closing date for applications is Friday 20th July 2018