Quarch's standard TestMonkey software can control Power Modules. This is normally done via the USB interface, as it allows MUCH faster data download.
TestMonkey can connect to any of the Power Modules, and allows easy power control, pattern generation and capturing. This is ideal for bench testing, and is very easy to get started with. You will need:
- A Windows PC with a USB port
- The latest version of TestMonkey:
The software is simple to use, and has a built in help file to get you started with the main features.
- Perform power margining
- Set up and run complex output patterns, through the visual pattern editor
- Measure and display real time power consumption
- Set up trigger in and trigger out events (for modules that support external triggering)
- Capture and display recordings, limited by the memory depth of the module you are using
It does not do:
- Automated testing: For this see the 'Automation' topic and the options for using Python, Java and similar
- Long term streaming: Recording is limited to the on-board memory of your module. If you want to record large amounts of data, you will need to 'stream' the data. This can be done via our cross-platform streaming application, or via automated Python scripts: