Electronics Design Engineer
Quarch Technology is a world leader in test automation tools for data storage and high speed interconnects. We are firmly established with major suppliers worldwide and growing rapidly. We now require additional technical staff to join the development team to design innovative new products within this rapidly moving sector.
The company in located in Aviemore in the heart of the beautiful Cairngorms National park. The town provides a peaceful setting and a large array of summer and winter activities, along with excellent schooling. For those who prefer city life, Inverness (Europe’s fastest growing city) is only 30 miles away. Aviemore benefits from direct rail links to Inverness, Edinburgh, Glasgow and London.
We are looking for an ambitious and motivated Electronics Engineer to take a key role to develop innovative new products and assist with enhancements and support of the existing product families.
- Digital Electronics
- Analogue Electronics
- Schematic Capture and PCB Layout
Prototype build and board rework
Hardware testing, fault finding and verification skills
It would be an advantage if you have
- Experience of High Speed PCB Design
- VHDL and FPGA Programming experience
- Understanding of high speed data interfaces such as SAS, SATA, PCIe, Ethernet, USB
- Scripting and programming experience (Python, C, Java, C#)
- Highly competitive salary
- A generous bonus package
- Private health care
- Company pension contributions
You must have
- A 2:1 or higher degree in Electronics or similar and good working knowledge of fundamental electronics concepts
- Excellent English and communication skills
- Attention to detail and a strong focus on the quality of your work
- Ability to plan your time to balance multiple deadlines
- Permission to work in the UK
This job is a full-time, permanent position but we are happy to discuss flexible hours at the start, if this would help you during any transition.
Please apply, with a recent CV and your current availability to: